At Emerging Power we design and manufacture with SAFETY first in mind. We understand the importance of safety, reliability, performance and quality that you can trust. Our expert team of electrical, mechanical, test and manufacturing engineers will assist you throughout the concept, design and prototype phases ensuring a safe and reliable battery, you can confidently trust.
Our project management team will review and take time to understand your critical power specification requirements and make recommendations, suggestions from our deep repository of battery experience to provide you with the very best solution for your critical application.
Request a quote for your custom battery pack requirements.
Custom Lithium Ion Battery Packs (Li-Ion Batteries)
Lithium ion (Li-ion) battery packs provide increased performance over nickel or lead-based chemistries. With reduced size, weight, and the highest energy density, 18650 Li-ion batteries are the battery of choice when designing for higher voltage and current requirements. Li-ion have relatively low self-discharge rates, and are capable of high discharge currents and better performance than nickel and lead based batteries.
Custom lithium battery packs are available in several chemistries:
- Lithium cobalt oxide provides the greatest energy density
- Lithium manganese offers greater safety with lower energy density than lithium cobalt oxide
- Lithium iron phosphate provides high discharge rate capabilities, as well as long cycle and calendar life
- Cell voltage: 3.6 – 3.7V (nominal)
- Capacity: 500mAh to 3500mAh
- Cycle life: 300 – 500 cycles
- Standard Operating temperature range: -20°C to 60°C
- Low temperature and high temperature cells -40C to -70c
- Preferred charge method: constant voltage/constant current
- Standard size 18650
- Typical industrial applications: instrumentation, communications, medical and military