Cylindrical primary lithium cells are based on Lithium-Thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) chemistry. Li-SOCl2 are best suited for applications that require high-energy, high-voltage and used in wide range of temperatures.
The cells are mass produced in fully automated process controlled environment that delivers consistent quality and highly reliable products.
LTC Cells come in Bobbin as well as Spiral construction which is hermetically sealed and uses stainless steel cans which makes the cell rugged and has low magnetic signature.
The bobbin construction enables the maximum loading of active materials, hence maximum energy. With its remarkably low self-discharge, it is best suited for long-term (from five to 20 years plus) applications featuring a few µA base currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range.
The spiral construction cells are designed for applications requiring pulses as high as 4 A and some models are engineered to operate at very high temperatures found in oil and gas applications.
Features & Benefits
- High operating voltage, stable during most of the application lifetime
- Highest energy density among primary lithium chemistries
- Lowest self-discharge for extended shelf and operating life
- High pulse capability, thanks to well-controlled passivation with limited voltage delay
- Excellent reliability over extended operating life
- Wide operating temperature range, matching all environment conditions
- Redundant production lines, to optimize supply chain efficiency and mitigate industrial risk
- Low magnetic signature